Friday, January 12, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Your resume is often a hiring manager’s first impression of you. In this interactive workshop, a retail expert will review your resume and advise on how to transform it into one that will leave a lasting impression and open doors to a fulfilling career in retail. You will leave with tips and invaluable advice on how to make your resume stand out in a crowd (must bring a hard printed copy of your resume to be reviewed).
New this year - sign up in advance to reserve your 10-minute resume review session with a recruiter from one of several participating retail companies. You must be registered to attend the Student Program at Retail’s Big Show before you sign up for an appointment. Due to popular demand, sign-up is on a first come, first served basis and we ask that you limit the number of appointments to one per person.
How This Works:
- Complete the short sign-up form (form coming soon. Must be registered to attend the Student Program before signing up).
- Select a timeslot from the available times in the list below the form. Hit submit and you are done!
- You will receive an email confirmation. If you do not, check your spam/junk folder and then contact us immediately at email@example.com.
- Remember to add to calendar by clicking the link in the email confirmation.
- Bring a hard copy of your resume with you to the appointment. This is required.
If you need to cancel your appointment or if you do not receive an email confirmation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attending the Career Fair?
Don’t forget to submit your resume so that retailers participating in the Career Fair can review your resume in advance of the Student Program and potentially contact you prior to the event. Recruiters from retail companies such as HSNi, Kohl's, Macy's, Walgreens, Belk, Nordstrom, Ross, The Home Depot and many more will be on-site at the Career Fair looking for top talent. Recruiters will also contact select students in advance to fill interview slots at the “Get Hired” session.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Uploaded resumes will NOT be used for the Resume Workshop. You must bring a printed hard copy of your resume to be reviewed at the time of your appointment.